Celebrity Baby Scoop: Tia Mowry Hardrict says twin Tamera has 'a special relationship with Cree' - Raleigh News & Observer

Tia Mowry Hardrict and Tamera Mowry-Housley became overnight teen sensations for their hit comedy series "Sister, Sister." Twelve years after successfully escaping the "child star curse," the identical twins are ready to show us just how different they really are as they embark on two of the biggest journeys of their lives. The new reality TV show "Tia & Tamera" follows Tia as she becomes a first-time mother, and gives viewers an all-access pass to Tamera's road to her dream wedding.

The 33-year-old new mom opens up to Celebrity Baby Scoop about adjusting to motherhood and the special bond her newborn son has with her twin sis, her husband Cory Hardrict, the joys of breastfeeding and her new reality series that is teaching her "to sit back and listen more."

Celebrity Baby Scoop: Congratulations on the birth of Cree Taylor Hardrict! How are you and your husband Cory adjusting?

Tia Mowry Hardrict: We are adjusting, but adjusting well! He is almost 6 weeks and I've heard around the second and third month the little love button sleeps longer, which is a bonus. We are having fun but it's a lot of work, and we are enjoying every minute of it!

CBS: Being first-time parents is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit stressful too. Do you have any tips for our readers on how to balance motherhood, marriage and career?

TMH: I'm still learning. I am not gonna pretend that I have it all under control. I am terrified about going back to work sleep deprived! However, I know I can do it. I would just tell mothers to have patience and take it literally a day at a time; well more like an hour at a time. Once you know you've survived yesterday, you can survive the next day. I also try to not freak out about the little things which new parents often do.

On marriage, make time for one another. Don't forget about those date nights. Put on a sexy dress and some sexy high h eels and have a great night and enjoy each other. Also, incorporate your husband. Get him involved and let him know how important he is with taking care of your joy.

CBS: Do you schedule couple time or date night? Do you plan to?

TMH: We haven't had time to schedule a date night yet, but soon! Tamera has offered to babysit so we can go out. I really want to see the final Harry Potter movie.

CBS: How is baby Cree sleeping? How do you and Cory make time for rest? Do you have any baby sleep tips to share?

TMH: He is sleeping well. Cory and I take shifts. I will do the first shift and he will often do the next shift. I am nursing so I make a bottle or two in advance so he can feed baby Cree.

As for baby sleeping tips, before bed, Cree and I have mommy time and take a bath together. After bath, I feed him then swaddle him, and he doses off to sleep. Be consistent and you will find them on a routine.

CBS: How is breastfeeding going?

TMH: I love it. It is the one time we can connect and just spend some quiet time together. I just fall more and more in love with him when I do so. Rubbing his hair and seeing him smile just melts my heart. He also seems most content when nursing. Maybe because he is so close to my heart.

CBS: Is Cory a hands-on dad? What is this new experience like for him?

TMH: Cory is an amazing father! It has been wonderful to watch him in this new role. He is so great with Cree and with me. We have been enjoying this new experience as parents, figuring out what each type of cry means and watching him start to really see people or objects and how he reacts to everything.

CBS: You and your sister Tamera grew up in the spotlight with your hit TV show, "Sister, Sister" and survived the child star curse. Do you think you will put Cree in show business?

TMH: It's hard to say never because both Cory and I are in the business. I can't discourage him from doing what his parents do, but I certainly won't be encouraging him!

CBS: You and your sister are so close - how has motherhood changed your relationship with Tamera? Was there an adjustment period or are you still going through it?

TMH: Well, motherhood has definitely given me a better appreciation for what my own mom went through. I don't know how she took care of twins! Cree is a lot of work. Tamera and I continue to be close. She has a special relationship with Cree he would turn towards her when she talked to my belly, and it's very cool to see them bond.

The biggest adjustment has been learning how to juggle being a mom and working on that mother-child relationship without taking away from my relationships with my sister, my husband, my parents. Cree demands a lot of my attention and I want to spend every moment with him so I am learning how to balance."

CBS: Your new show, "Tia & Tamera," premiered Aug. 8 on the Style Network. Tell us about this 8-part docu-series which chronicles your pregnancy and Tamera's wedding planning. Was this a challenging project? What was the most rewarding aspect?

TMH: Shooting a reality show is much different than working on a scripted project. If you are having a bad day, you can't tell the crew to come back another day because that is their job to capture the real moments. I think it's been good for me to see myself on screen in this setting because I can see which characteristics I need to work on. I have an assertive or aggressive nature so I am learning to sit back and listen more.

CBS: What's next for you? Do you have any upcoming projects you would like to tell us about?

TMH: I am writing a new book about my pregnancy experience which will come out next spring, and production on The Game starts next month.

-

"Tia & Tamera" premiered Aug. 8 on The Style Network at 9 p.m. ET/PT.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sara Gilbert Breaks Down On The Talk While Discussing Recent Split

Is Mary Kate Olsen on a Fashion Transformation? - Int'l Business Times

Halle Berry's upskirt